ALL VQG MEMBERS are invited to participate in the FIFTH ANNUAL CHARITY QUILT CHALLENGE!!! The purpose of this challenge is to: encourage members to make a quilt for charity and to have fun doing just that! Each finished Charity quilt shown at a VQG meeting entitles its maker to a ticket in the June 2018 draw for prizes.
Here are the rules:
• Your Charity quilt must be completed and turned in by the June 2018 meeting – so please plan to bring your quilt to this June meeting and have your name entered in to the draw for a prize. Yes, Charity quilts already turned in this fiscal year (July 2017 – June 2018) in count – so make sure you get a ticket for the draw in June 2018.
• Your Charity quilt may be made for a Baby, Child, Teen, Adult, or Senior. YOU determine who you wish to make the quilt for!
• Your Charity quilt may be ANY SIZE: baby, child, lap, single bed, double bed, queen or king size. YOU determine the size you wish to make.
• Your Charity quilt will be distributed to various deserving organizations. In the past, these have included: Quilts of Valor; Sunnyhill Hospital; Wilson Heights United Church; Central City Lodge; ATIRA House (women’s shelter); Children’s Hospital – ICU & Oncology depts.; St. Paul’s Neonatal; Union Gospel Mission; Brock Farnhi (Veterans’ unit) hospital; and Fort McMurray, Alberta to help the fire victims.
• If you wish to have your quilt go to a specific location… no problem…. just (safety) pin a note to it stating that…. and we will see that it will get to where you would like it to go. Please do not plan to just tell me where you want your quilt sent (coz I ain’t gonna remember). All of us who have ever made a quilt to be passed on to a stranger-in-need know the special feeling of joy you feel when you take the time to make a quilt for someone you will probably never meet…. but you know that you have done a really nice thing.