The VQG was a featured guild at CQA’s Quilt Canada this year at the Vancouver Convention Centre! We were fortunate to have the chance to speak to so many people, local and not-so-local, and spread the word about our Guild and our upcoming “Harvest of Quilts” Show in October. Brochures were handed out about the Guild and the Quilt Show, information was exchanged, people are getting excited!
Mark your calendar for Friday October 12th (10am – 5pm) and Saturday October 13th (10am – 4pm).
Location: St. Mary’s Ukrainian Hall, 3150 Ash St., Vancouver (near Cambie and 14th). Check the map for more information.
The Harvest of Quilts Show will feature:
- A wide variety of quilts of all sizes, traditional to modern, from our many talented members
- A number of enthusiastic and knowledgeable vendors
- A complimentary Tea room serving home-made treats
- You will get the chance to vote for your favourite in the Quilt Show Challenge, this year the theme is “Singin’ (and Quiltin’) In the Rain”
- Of course some quilts will be for sale
- Our featured guest this year is Japanese quilter Naoko Hirano.